As a Project Manager at Integrated Sustainability, you will be responsible for leading projects, building strong relationships with clients, and providing leadership to our internal teams. You will manage small-to-medium sized projects, mainly in the area of mining water treatment; however, your project management expertise may be utilized for other, and sometimes larger, multidisciplinary projects in the areas of regulatory, geoscience, environment and/or engineering. Reporting to the Manager of Projects, you will be integral to a growing team of leading-edge professionals.
Your passion for industry, as well as your project and people skills will enable you to make a difference in our industry and inspire new and better ways to implement project management solutions.
Integrated Sustainability is an award-winning, Canadian-based provider of world-class sustainable Water, Waste and Energy solutions. Our goal is to support clients from project conception to construction and beyond by being agile, collaborative partners.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers in 2018, 2019 and 2020 we believe that the people who work here matter and every opportunity we have to be a better employer is an opportunity to succeed. Having attracted a dynamic, multi-disciplined team of specialists, we believe that to be innovative, we must also be courageous, finding solutions and challenging conventional wisdom.
- Develop and execute activities related to end-to-end project management, including project plans and estimates, scoping, and progress reports
- Build, strengthen and maintaining client relationships
- Proactively monitor, manage and report on execution of deliverables
- Effectively manage multiple projects for various discipline groups
- Ensure project deliverables meet or exceed both client and internal expectations by implementing a deliverable quality assurance review appropriate to the project size and scope
- Work logically and systematically, with good time management
- Identify and assemble project teams to meet project requirements
- Communicate with clients, internal team members and support services to ensure alignment
- Proactively define and mitigate overall project risk through interaction with the project team and clients
- Actively participate in business development activities
- Coach and mentor team members
Projects are generally within British Columbia and Yukon, as well as within other Canadian regions. Opportunities may also be available for international work. Field visits to client sites and/or project sites will be required on occasion and as project needs arise.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a project management role, at least 3 or which are in North America, as well as a minimum of 5 years applicable engineering and design experience in industry (preferably mining) or the consulting sector
- Professional designation or eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Technical background in planning, design, and construction of water and/or wastewater infrastructure in a related discipline is an asset
- Excellent project management skills including development and management of client relationships, scopes, budgets, and schedules
- Flexibility and the ability to manage change with excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Experience with conflict management and resolution
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple complex projects with a proactive approach and a high level of attention to detail
- Experience with project management software (e.g., Primavera, Microsoft Projects, 4castplus) is an asset
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Legally able to work in Canada
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.