Integrated Sustainability is an award-winning, Canadian-based provider of world-class sustainable Water, Waste and Energy solutions. Our goal is to support clients from project conception to construction and beyond by being agile, collaborative partners.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers for 3 years in a row, we believe that the people who work here matter and every opportunity we have to be a better employer is an opportunity to succeed. Having attracted a dynamic, multi-disciplined team of specialists, we believe that, to be innovative, we must also be courageous, finding solutions and challenging conventional wisdom.
Integrated Sustainability is looking to hire a talented and energetic Senior Geotechnical Engineer to drive and support the growth of our Geotechnical and Civil team. Our geotechnical projects are centered around water and wastewater infrastructure including mine water management projects. Your skills to coordinate and inspire our talented engineers and geologists, as well as develop strong and enduring client relationships, will be an asset in the success of the position.
As an Engineer at Integrated Sustainability, you will have the opportunity to expand your career through working on exciting water, waste, and energy projects. Your work here will make a difference through being part of inspiring new and better ways to solve some of the biggest challenges facing the development of our natural resources. Your extensive experience and communication skills will allow you to grow into a leadership role in a challenging, fun and dynamic team environment.
You will participate in all areas of our portfolio and project phases, from siting and planning level to detailed design and construction execution for $50M + projects.
- Identification of key business opportunities with our Business Development team and delivering strategic initiatives relating to the growth of the Geotechnical Engineering team
- Development of proposals including establishing man-hours, cost, and schedule for project deliverables
- Technical lead for Geotechnical and when applicable, Civil deliverables on projects
- Project Management of geotechnical projects as appropriate
- Undertake Dam Safety Reviews for existing dams
- Development and execution of site characterization and field programs
- Geotechnical analysis and engineering recommendations for engineering design and regulatory applications of water infrastructure projects including understanding of applicable guidelines and standards
- Report preparation and communication of results to clients and regulators
- Complete site visits, as required
- Assist with development and reviews of design drawings and deliverables
- Provide mentorship and technical direction and training to junior and intermediate engineers
- Provide geotechnical support, input, and review across all office locations
- Possession of a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering
- Minimum 15 years applicable experience in industry or the consulting sector
- Able to act as Engineer of Record for earthen dam projects (small dam less than 15 m) in Alberta and British Columbia
- Registered as a Professional Engineer and in good standing with APEGA
- Initiative and accountability – take ownership and responsibility for work and actions. Decision-making and problem-solving ability
- Able to multitask efficiently and flexibility to respond to changes in priorities
- Strong organizational and time management skills – ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience with the siting, design, and construction of small dams (less than 15 m)
- Experience with CDA Guidelines and Provincial Dam Safety Regulations in Alberta and British Columbia
- Familiar with freshwater and produced water storage requirements in British Columbia and Alberta
- Understanding and familiar with seismic geotechnical design requirements in western British Columbia
- Proven leadership, business development, communication, and people skills
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.