Reduce Water Sourcing Costs
As climate variation negatively impacts freshwater availability, investors and regulators are asking oil and gas producers to seek alternative water sources to supplement their operational requirements.
Wastewater from other industries and municipalities offers a cost-competitive alternative to high-quality non-saline water (HQNS) that can also help you progress your ESG goals. Crucially for operators, alternative sources may offer a consistent water source that’s less susceptible to environmental fluctuations.
Our experienced regulatory team has helped pioneer this process with regulators and will help assess your use case, timelines, criteria, and regulatory applications.
Development of Alternative Water Sources
Chemical compatibility modelling, transportation, treatment, and regulatory approval are prerequisites for successful commercial application. We use a pre-approved set of network partners, chemical modelling processes, regulatory pathways, and designs, for the conveyance, storage, and treatment of treated wastewater and alternative waters.
- Business case development
- Water security assessments
- Water pipeline and lay flat infrastructure design
- Reservoir design and construction
- Regulatory applications for the use of alternative water sources
- Grant application packages
- Aqueous chemical modelling
- Land use applications & permitting
- Hydrometric monitoring & impact assessments
- Water policy advisory
- Water treatment
- Point of diversion assessments
Remote Water Sensing and Data Management
Water conditions are highly variable and require constant monitoring to optimize production and maintain regulatory compliance.
To provide you with the information you need, we work closely with you to create a mesh of in-field assessments, IoT-enabled devices, and data management tools to provide real-time visualization of your environmental conditions.
- Remote monitoring program software
- Remote monitoring hardware
- Technology-enabled workflows
- Geographic information systems (GIS) software
- Traditional & spatial data analysis
- GeoCATA data system
- Web-based solutions
- Real-time data access
Managing Operational Risk
Water availability is the single most impactful risk to operational uptime, and alternative water sources provide reliable, on-demand, options to help you maximize production. This is a proven alternative and we also offer own-operate delivery models to help mitigate risk so that we may share in our customer’s success.
- Own-operate model to develop alternative water sources
- Consistent water supply evaluations
- Water security assessments
- Engineering services
- ESG consulting & reporting
- Project estimating
- Regulatory engagement
ESG Support Services
Now more than ever, environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities must be considered at an early stage in project development. Several jurisdictions have already mandated climate disclosure, and it is anticipated to come into effect in Canada and the United States as early as 2023.
There also continues to be momentum in standardized global sustainability reporting that will have an impact on all industries. We are proactively monitoring the regulatory and reporting landscape so that your company provides ESG reporting that is comprehensive and accurate while ensuring it meets the most current regulations and standards.
We offer a comprehensive range of ESG services in support of your regulatory journey.
- ESG materiality assessments & benchmarking
- Climate change consulting
- ESG reporting & compliance
- Insurance, financing, and carbon credits
- Social inclusivity studies
- Opportunities in the energy transition
- Corporate governance advisory