This bulletin highlights the regulatory changes and updates within the energy and natural resource sectors in North America that the Integrated Sustainability team has been tracking through February 2022.
This Month In Focus: The Canadian Environmental Protection Act was last updated in 1999. In this month’s Energy and Resource Regulatory bulletin, we look at the changes you can expect from the Canadian Governments commitment to update these regulations. Plus – Pan Canadian Geoscience Strategy, expansion of the World’s largest boreal forest park, Alberta’s Minister of Energy statement on Keystone XL, and new digital data management tools from the BC and Albertan Governments.
Also, in this issue:
- Canada Launches Output-Based Pricing System
- Government of Canada Commitment to Strengthen the Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- Feedback on Canada’s Municipal Solid Waste Landfills
- Pan-Canadian Geoscience Strategy: Enhancing Data, Knowledge, and Access
- Expanding the World’s Largest Protected Boreal Forest
- New Functionality Moving to OneStop
- Alberta to Strengthen Energy and Trade Relations
- Keystone XL trade Challenge: Alberta’s Minister of Energy Statement
- Permittee Capability Assessment Implementation
- Disposal Well Dashboard Surveillance, Compliance, and Forecast Tool
- Increased Protection for Diverse Wildlife Habitat and Wetlands