Directive 77: Pipelines – Requirements and Reference Tools will significantly impact a large proportion of Oil and Gas projects across Alberta. With only 1 month for feedback, we strongly advise our clients and peers to engage with the process and contact us to see how this could lead to cost savings for your operations.
At a Federal level, consultations are also ongoing for the planned emission cutting and capping for the Oil and Gas sector. For more assistance with regulatory liaison and communication planning, please contact Tanya Cairns, VP of Science and Consulting.
About: This bulletin highlights the regulatory changes and updates within the energy and natural resource sectors in North America that the Integrated Sustainability team has been tracking through July 2022.
- Government of Canada: Capping Oil and Gas Emissions
- The Canada Energy Regulator Contaminated Site Management Audits
- The Potential Role of Nuclear in Canadas Energy Future
- Feedback on Draft Directive 077: Pipelines – Requirements and Reference Tools
- Supporting Innovation in Hydrogen Production
- The Technology Innovation and Emission Reduction Funding
- Changes to Management of Inspection Reports
- 2022 Energy and Mines Ministers Conference
- Largest First Nation Woodland Licence
- Update on Wildfire Season and Latest Seasonal Outlook