Consultancy to Prepare an Integrated Needs Assessment: Water Usage, Accessibility and Storage Needs in Barbados
Have Questions? Let's discuss Consultancy to Prepare an Integrated Needs Assessment: Water Usage, Accessibility and Storage Needs in BarbadosContact Us
- Integrated Sustainability was engaged to produce an Integrated Needs Assessment on the Water Usage, Accessibility and Storage Needs in Barbados.
- This Needs Assessment identifies vulnerable households, polyclinics, schools, communities and farmers that will benefit from implementation of a Water Storage Programme, which includes Personal Tanks that will store potable water and Rainwater-Harvesting systems.
- The Final Needs Assessment Report incorporates feedback from various stakeholders.
- The baseline information on the technical requirements and specifications for the implementation of the Water Storage Programme required an update.
ESG Project Benefits:
- This Needs Assessment Report identified options and integrated solutions for smart, sustainable, and energy-efficient water supply systems that uses and information technology solutions and solar panels to lower the climate impact and operational cost of these systems.
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation options were included with indicative incremental costs for the Personal Tank and Rainwater-Harvesting Programme.
- Vulnerable locations and low-income households were the priority of this Needs Assessment Report, providing improved water quality and availability to those who need it the most.
- Infrastructure that improves the general availability of freshwater provides a huge quality-of-life boost to the people of Barbados, improving general hygiene, health and well-being, and reduces the need to obtain this critical resource by more expensive means.