Mine Tailing Facility Reclamation & Closure
Have Questions? Let's discuss Mine Tailing Facility Reclamation & ClosureContact Us
- Integrated Sustainability is providing fixed price Construction Services to support a tailings facility remediation and mine closure in British Columbia.
- Prime contractor accountable for Project Management, Construction Management, Civil Earthworks, Survey and geomatics QA/QC, and Post Construction Services.
- Site requires dewatering of approximately 61,000 m3 of water for release to a nearby river. Monitoring of discharge rates and TSS required to ensure regulatory compliance.
- The site will be revegetated with combined broadcast and hydroseeding techniques.
- 3D GPS enabled earthworks equipment & real-time kinetic equipped UAVs enables us to execute the work with high precision, monitor progress in real-time, and reduce change-related delays.
- To complete the passive closure, upgrades to several components of the Site are required to:
- Successfully limit, counteract, prevent, or mitigate the escape or migration of contamination from the Site
- Remove any adverse effects on the environment or human health
- Reduce the overall liability, and resources required to maintain the Facility
ESG Project Benefits:
- Sustainable management of water by treating tailings water to meet environmental discharge criteria
- Utilizing innovative technology
- Supporting biodiversity through revegetation