- Treatment to remove dissolved metals (Al, As, Cd, Cu, Zn, Fe) and selenium at multiple oxidation states to meet discharge criteria for the receiving environment.
- Plant design capacity = 390 m3/h.
- Major Process Equipment:
- High Density Sludge Metals Removal Treatment
- Ion Exchange Unit + Electro Reduction Unit
- Reagent Dosing
- Process Tanks
- Clarification Unit & Multi Media Filtration
- Filter Press (Sludge Dewatering)
- Process selection, engineering, 3 D plant modelling, and advanced thermodynamic aqueous chemistry modelling with multivalent ion separation software.
- Analysis of multiple feed water sources resulting in a phased treatment approach due to expected mine water acidification during closure and post closure.
- Provided NI 43 101 Qualified Person signoff on feasibility study.
- Delivered with BQE Water ( BQE ion exchange / electro reduction technology developer).