- Involved in project from feasibility through provincial discharge permitting.
- Developed detailed process tradeoff for system treating both legacy mine waste and new tailings and underground dewatering.
- Major Process Equipment:
- Ferric Co-Precipitation (Arsenic Treatment)
- Hydroxide vs Sulfide Precipitation (Metals Removal)
- Process Tanks
- Clarification Unit
- Filter Press (Sludge Dewatering)
- MBBR vs Air Stripping (Ammonia Treatment)
- Assisted client in developing sustainable and holistic treatment concepts to be integrated into the active water management strategy as well as the mine closure plan.
- Integrated Sustainability provided full process design, discipline engineering and cost estimating to support feasibility-level design of the mine water treatment plant and subsequent revised treatment process design per Ontario Environmental Regulator feedback.
- Executed bench-scale laboratory treatability program to support process design and permitting applications.