Hydrology and Hydrotechnical Evaluations
Climate variability has a direct impact on water resources through the uncertainty it brings to spring flood return levels and annual water availability. Understanding and re-evaluating existing water resources is key priority to ensure a responsible, reliable water supply with effective infrastructure and a suitable backup supply option.
Using mapping and data management applications to gather and analyze information about streamflow, groundwater, water quality, and discharge, our hydrology specialists and hydrotechnical engineers can help you understand the complex interface between the changing environment and reliable water use infrastructure.
We are internationally renowned water resource management specialists. Our expert team provides services for communities and corporations, right through to the highest levels of governance and the United Nations.
New infrastructure requires information on the current and expected future flow expectations to assess the feasibility and balance design to minimize capital cost while maximizing performance and meeting regulatory obligations.
We provide you with a variety of services to establish baseline conditions, evaluate risk, and support your operational integrity. The following list of services is not exhaustive, please contact us if you cannot see the service you require.
- Hydrogeology studies for dewatering and land severances
- Land development applications & permitting
- Hydrometric monitoring & impact assessments
- Flow and flood forecasting
- Optimizing water supplies
- Temporary diversion licenses and long-term diversion applications
- Regulatory licensing and grant applications
- Analysis of instream flow needs and environmental protection limits
- Water intake site selection and evaluation
- Stormwater management plans and drainage features design including ponds, culverts and ditches
- Aquatic habitat assessments
- Field investigation programs
- Watercourse crossing design and impact assessment
- River surveying with 3D aerial mapping and bathymetry to support hydraulic modelling and design
- Flood modelling, mapping, and risk mitigation
- Natural channel design and watercourse restoration
- Geomorphic assessment
- Evaluations and monitoring or surface water/groundwater interactions
Future-Proof Your Infrastructure
Strategic water management is a project necessity and requires a holistic view of future conditions to address infrastructure liability throughout the project life cycle.
Working with our multi-disciplinary experts, you will benefit from an augmented suite of planning resources and regulatory assistance to assess water security, plan for water reliability, adapt to climate variability, and ultimately, right-size your infrastructure.
- Water security assessments
- Strategic water planning
- ESG consulting & reporting
- Project estimating
- Regulatory applications
- Permitting & licensing
- Regulatory engagement
- Compliance monitoring
- Compliance reporting
On-going Monitoring and Support
Water conditions require constant monitoring to optimize production and maintain regulatory compliance. To provide you with the information you need, we work with you to create a mesh of in-field assessments, IoT-enabled devices, and data management tools to provide real-time visualization of environmental conditions and your operations.
We are also pleased to announce an Automated Regulatory Reporting service for water usage in Alberta. See our Regulatory Inspections and Monitoring page and reach out to our regulatory services team for more information.
- Field Tracker remote monitoring hardware and software applications.
- GeoCATA data mapping
- Remote monitoring program software
- Remote monitoring hardware
- Technology-enabled workflows
- Personnel training
- Geographic information systems (GIS) software
- Traditional & spatial data analysis
- Web-based solutions
- Real-time data access
- Strategic Action Planning